Monday, October 17, 2011

Little Big - John Crowley

"Infundibular"
"A book that all by itself calls for a redefinition of fantasy." - Ursula Le Guin.
Hmmm...I kind of thought this book was a waste of time..I know Ursala liked it...but I guess I'm not really into fantasy fiction?
Basic Plot:
Smokey becomes enmeshed in a family notorious for poor communication. He becomes the solid, steadfast, integral part of the family even though perceived as a minor character.
After following the family for generations through the murky, hazy, ambiguous plot, the end ...or beginning (?) finally arrives and in a blink the new world is poured into Smokey's heart...where worlds exist within worlds and souls are forever hidden within storks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Henry V - William Shakespeare

In this essay, I will examine the rhetorical and dramatic effectiveness of King Henry’s speech to the Governor of Harfluer in Act 3 Scene 4 ...